Thursday, May 31, 2007

"OUCH!!"

 
 
My car was involved in a 'scrape and run'. She was the scrapee and the runner was, well, you insert the descriptive words... I'm trying to take the high road. Besides, there's nothing else I can do.

I went to the store this morning and didn't notice the 'gaping wound' until I came out of the store and was walking towards the car. ("poor baby... momma's here.") Based on the forensics, it didn't happen in the store parking lot. If it did, the other vehicle would have had to have been all up on the sidewalk and into the plants.... so no... didn't happen there.

Evidence based on the placement of said wound points to someone trying to pull forward into a parking space instead of pulling forward and then backing into the space in front of my apartments.

And I don't have a clue as to when it happened. My car has been parked for over a week. Lots of people have come and gone during that time, many of them just visitors. The one consolation is that the other car has got to have one BIG ASS scrape on its right side.

Poor baby. Oh, and the car, too.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

sandy said...

At least put a bandaid on the poor little thing momma...sniff...

sandy

Travelling Goddess said...

I guess you have to take the high road on this and say.......it could have been a lot worse....

Now dontcha just love those __________folks(insert explicitive) that want to always see a bit of water in the glass as full!!!

((((((((car)))))))

Anonymous said...

depending on the kind of insurance you have, but if it was done TO the car and you were not involved... Then Insurance will pay for it, and your rates will NOT go up... Falls under the uninsured motorist thingy... Just tell them you were at the store and when you came out you saw it... Much better to have had it happen at the store instead of your apartment... So put in a claim...

Penny

The Crusty Crone said...

Thanks for comments, Penny. I carry only liability so that won't cover it. But I'm not sure about the uninsured motorist 'thingy'. I'll have to ask about that.

Wanda said...

(((((sorry))))))