Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Its a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

 
I'm trying to be more optimistic and positive... but I just went grocery shopping. Oh. My. Gawd. Milk is 30 cents more a gallon from the last time I bought any. Fallout from the gas hikes. But gee whiz isn't it grand that I now have a gallon of milk sitting in my frig. (I thought about freezing the milk and holding a raffle next month for it.)

I've got a good sketch down for a portrait using a photo but I keep putting off applying watercolor to it. See, thats the critical part. You know, applying the paint. I'm the same way with oils or acrylics.... putting down the underpainting is easy and I often think this is turning out well and it was fun!! Its the next steps that make or break a painting.

I want to rearrange my bedroom by putting the length of the bed up against the wall. That will leave more floor space to set up my easel. Its going to waste right now.

Well, I've still got groceries to put away. And blogs to read. I haven't done that yet today.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you know WHAT made me happy to read here. Yeah, you know...Can't wait to see it after you apply the watercolor. You have such talent, I would love to see more of your work..

sandy

p.s..raffle for the milk...haha..We simply went into Albertson's yesterday for coffee filters and walked out after spending over 80 bucks...and we really didn't need anything.