Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Artist Laurel Burch

I read on someone's blog that artist Laurel Burch has died. I was not familar with the name so I went to check out her web site. If you like a bit of whimsy and lots of brilliant color I encourage you to go check it out. (tabs at the top of the page "art" will bring up menu... art is displayed in automated slide-show format.) Her art is beautiful.

Her "about" page gives you a glimpse of her personality. A free spirit, to be sure.

Whenever someone passes on, it leaves a hole in the lives of those left behind. May it eventually be filled with Peace and loving memories.

1 comment:

sandy said...

A friend of mine years ago would visit Laguna Beach where Laurel Burch' products were sold in a certain shop. She was addicted to her art and I believe would purchase anything with her cats on them.

I knew the name sounded familiar and just remembered why.

Very sad about her passing and I took a look at her gallery and her work was so whimsical and beautiful.

sandy