Thursday, July 05, 2007

New Links Category

I've added a new 'links' category on my sidebar. Its for videos that I've come across and enjoyed enough to want to be able to continue viewing them on a repeat basis. I thought others might like to get a 'heads up' about them as well. This list by no means includes all that I have bookmarked, but it will hopefully be those that inspire me in one way or the other.

Now, most of them will most likely be art oriented, but certainly not all of them. And a few of the videos may not be particularly grand but there is something in them that touches me or motivates me, or 'whatever'. An example of this is "Rice Harvest"... its a short video and has as many views of the countryside as it does the actual painting process, but I like it because it shows what the artist is looking at as he paints and what the painting looks like.... and its not the same! The painting does not look like the countryside, but you certainly get a "feel" for the rice harvest.

The Craig Ferguson video is from his television show and it inspires me to be a better person.... not to mention that I agree with what he has/had to say.

I've gone through my favorites and extracted these current ones and will be adding to the list as I come across more. There will be times when I share a video on my blog, but it may not get added to my sidebar list. Those on the sidebar are ones that I have and will continue to watch over and over again. (Doncha jus luv youtube?)

3 comments:

Wanda said...

One of these days, I've got to figure out how to use a sidebar on my blog!!! Not that advanced yet!

But CC, you are always a daily visit! Have a great day! And thanks for all the information we get from reading your posts.

sandy said...

Fabulous idea!!! Why didn't I think of that. Hey I have one for you...go do a search for Beck clapping hands - at YOUTube..Erin just showed it to us...I am probably going to post it soon..I loved it!! I think you will too. Thanks for the new feature...i will definitely use it. sandy

The Crusty Crone said...

Clap hands.... that was fun... and clever!! Made me start tapping my toes. Thx Sandy