Thursday, December 29, 2005
Thursday's Thirteen #19
1. I missed doing TT13 last week. I'm not sure I will get thirteen listed... I live a very boring life.
2. I've been in a strange place lately. No, not my apartment. I mean emotionally. BORING.
3. I saw my deranged neighbor take in a supply of moving boxes yesterday. I wish I knew if she would be staying until her time is up or if she will try to be out by the first of the month. I doubt the first is her goal... that's only two+ days. She has a load of stuff to move. Her apt. is crammed with stuff.
4. I don't truly hold any ill will towards my neighbor, although I've been trying to. Maybe that's why I've been in a strange place lately.
5. I don't 'get' a lot of the art that is out there. And I'm not saying its necessarily the art work. It may be more a problem of my own restricted thinking... but my gawd, you mean you actually paid money for that piece of crap?! See. I'm such a pedestrian sometimes. Holy Crap, Batman... you mean they devoted a full gallery for displaying that bullshit?! Yet at the same time there have been a painting here and there that I could relate too. Sigh. Such a pedestrian!
6. I'm babysitting one of my grandsons this New Year's Eve.... until the following evening. I can't do both at once so 'mom' has to line up two babysitters. I wish I was a better grandma, but I'm not so suck it up and move on with your life.
7. I'm gonna be chopping off my hair in the next few days. The only reason its as long as it is is because I didn't have any scissors that would cut hair. Fortunately, it doesn't make any difference what it looks like when done so no pressure there.
8. I've discovered a new coffee house fairly close to my place. Not a big deal, I know, but I discovered it by reading a blog and following a link. Gotta love those blogs.
9. I seldom get commercial coffee drinks anymore. I can take the money spent on one cup and buy some flavoring of my own that will last several days... and I like it better.
10. I'm impressed that Leanne can actually get through all her TT13 partners (reading the entries). That takes dogged determination. Its particularly impressive since she has family to care for and paintings to paint.
11. So, how much money do you make from selling your art?
12. Its interesting to see how many people feel their situation is "special" when in fact there are gazillion others going through the same thing. The big picture is illuminating.
13. Buggar buggar puddin' tain... Ask me again and I'll tell you the same. Huh?