Monday, July 04, 2005

Parenthood


Now don't get your thong all twisted, cause I'm speaking in generalities here... but why are parents always the dumb ones? Every one of my adult children don't think I ever know what I'm talking about. Granted, there may be a reason for that, but still....

I'm guilty of this with my own mother. Towards the end of her life she would often get in yelling matches with others (but not me, I wasn't around that much). Someone once asked her why and she replied 'because no one is listening to what I am saying!' So she felt she had to talk louder to get through. I bet if they would have stated her position back to her so she knew they understood what she was saying, a lot of yelling and anger could have been avoided. It wouldn't mean they agreed with her... but it would mean they understood what she was trying to say.

Her talents did not include good oral communication skills. Me either. Thank goodness for blogs.

You know what makes blogs so great? It's because you can take as long as you want to fully state what it is you want to say without anyone interrupting you.


I came across a web site of an artist I would like to bring to your attention... Natalie del Villar. (Her link is also on the sidebar.) I like her work and particularly her portraits. I encourage you to check her out. Thank you.

No comments: