Friday, October 05, 2007

Over Second Cup of Coffee

 
 
We've had a few breaks in the rain. They usually last from 5 to 15 minutes. Today is suppose to be dry. Yippee!! Lots of snow in the mountains and the ski resorts may be able to open early. Time will tell.

I went to the store yesterday. My brand of coffee was on sale and I was out at home. Got to the register to pay and, gasp, no debit card. Searched and searched but nothing. Fortunately I had some cash on me so I was able to continue with my shopping plans.

I searched my purse more thoroughly once I got home. Still nothing. I wasn't too concerned about it. Surely it would show up, perhaps after I cleared off the coffee table. So thats what I did last night. Cleared the coffee table. Nothing, however, I did get all the junk mail shredded and tossed.

Before leaving for the store(s) again this morning I searched pockets just in case I left the debit card in there. Still nothing.

I had three stores I wanted to go to (and did) to take advantage of "real" sale prices. I must have had a sign on my car that said turn in front of me because they did... seven or eight times. Makes one wonder about patterns of life and I was playing with the fender-bender pattern. It did make me drive a little more carefully. The last thing to 'turn in front of me', unfortunately, was a little squirrel. He didn't so much turn in front of me as he RAN OUT IN FRONT OF ME AT THE LAST MINUTE! Whats up with those creatures? Do they thrive on danger? I tried to stop.... I couldn't see anywhere next to the car... then I continued on. I heard a slight thumb. groan. I kept looking at the rear view mirror...."oh please don't let me see anything in the middle of the street!!" I didn't. The street was clear and then I saw a squirrel run across the street again. I don't know if it was the same one or not, but there wasn't a mound of flesh or anything.

I got back from the stores with a buck left over. Go Me! As I searched the bottom of my purse to get the loose change guess what I found. Go on, guess. Right... I found my debit card. ?? I don't know why I didn't find it before, but I guess its because I wasn't suppose to find it. Go figure.

We have a lot of policial commercials on TV here... a couple of "hot" measures will be up for vote. Besides the visuals used, I've become aware of how they are using the background voices to touch our emotions. A landscape is shown (ads is about land use) and the background voice is all sweet and dripping with honey. Then the voice becomes sneering and nasty sounding as it points out the opposition. Interesting to observe.

Time for me to go read my list of favorite blogs. I usually have this done first thing in the morning but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. That will probably take me an hour.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh, CC! We must have some of the same dna!! I accidently through my keys in the trash at the post office with junk mail. Then I'm going crazy looking for my keys...I said to myself, you haven't left the post office. You just opened your box...think girl. Looked in the trash..walla,keys.!!!
Hey Sister!

The Crusty Crone said...

That feeling of relief when an important object is found is wonderful! (I had thought about looking through the trash for my card, too.)

sandy said...

I've done that so many times.

Sure glad you found that card.

Your weather looks chilly from those pics. We had quite a cool down and a little rain but we are warming back up today and tomorrow for awhile.

Have you been painting at all lately. How is your commission coming along.