Sunday, October 21, 2007

Dollar Tree Store

Its been a while since I've been to the Dollar Store. Now thats my kind of math.... I don't have to use a calculator, I just have to count how much stuff I have. Now I can do that kind of math. Usually. But its very easy to end up with way too many bags to carry out to the car. Doncha jus luv it!

I finally remembered to get a squirt bottle.... one to squirt water on the acrylics or watercolors. I use to have two of them around, but after the grandkids left the last time I couldn't find them. I had put them somewhere out of reach because everything was getting too wet. Know what I mean? And now that I've gotten another one, the others should be showing up soon.

I did forget to get bleach, though. Sigh. Oh well, thats the way it goes.

Boy was I drooling over the colorful foliage! Its just perfect right now... all colorful but not wilting yet. I set my camera out to take with me and it was still sitting there when I got back.

Neighbors. If you've followed my blog for any length of time you know we've had problems with drug activity. A lot of it. After the last eviction there remained only one person who is/was clearly still involved with the stuff. It is the sometime-boyfriend of a young woman who lives upstairs. I think he's just a sometimes-dealer, too. Traffic to the apartment would be sporadic. He must not be very successful at it, but that's not a surprise to me. I don't think he's very successful at anything except not working.

The young woman had his child a couple of months ago. It looks like she might be moving today. Her and her boyfriend was carrying a TV out. At the first landing on the stairs, she took the TV from him and carried it down the stairs by herself. He just stood there trying to look like he was distracted by something. She's the one I see carrying the grocery bags (along with the baby) up the stairs. She's the one I see carrying the basket of clothes to the laundry room. She's the one I see carrying the garbage out to the cans. All I have ever seen him do is run his mouth and hold his pants up so they don't fall off. Perhaps he never had anyone to teach him what it means to be a man. The nation doesn't seem to have enough of those kind of teachers and the impact of it is really beginning to show.

I hope the young woman is moving to a better place. I've seen her grandmother come around a lot since the baby arrived. Perhaps she's moving in with her.... someone to help her... some place to help her let this do-nothing young man go on about his way.

I hope her move is one of her choice. If she was given notice I'm sure I would be the one blamed, although I haven't said anything to anyone. I wish her well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

if boys/men only knew what they look like when they help out... When I am out and I see a guy hold a door open, or take packages away from a girl to carry for her, or any kind of act like that. I immediately like the guy... Some guys are jerks and always will be I guess...

I wish her well too...
Thanks for sharing

The Crusty Crone said...

Yes, I agree. I bet if they could hear what people are thinking when they "do the manly thing" (so to speak) it would make things much better. They might even WANT to do 'the manly thing'. Wouldn't that be a watershed moment!! oh... almost forgot. "God bless their little hearts." And actually, I kind of mean it, too. Life, all too often, is not easy.

Wanda said...

I agree; life is not easy for so many, and my problems seem so minor when compared to people in real need. I think you are a good neighbor CC. Wish you were mine! I'm always buying spray bottles, where do they go???? :)

sandy said...

did you say dollar store...I love dollar stores...!!

Sure hope that woman gets some help if she's having a baby.

BJ said...

Well.....it sounds like that young lady is taking matters into her own hands! She probably has realized by now that he is not what she wants.....afterall, what good is he? He can't even carry a tv down the stairs..... I'm sorry if I don't sound too sympathetic to the cause. I see too much of this stuff where I work. Usually after having a baby with his kind, the young ladies realize.......and ask, "what have I done". God bless her. Hope that she and baby will be well and that she has family to give her support!