Saturday, November 05, 2005

Ramblings

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Stubbed Toe.

I wonder how expensive soundproofing is... and why it isn't used in apartment construction. Just a little between apts would be nice. Someone was in the empty apt. above me, probably cleaning it, and it was a reminder of much everyone can hear their neighbors.

I kept the 6/7 month old grandson Thursday into Friday. That's the age when they consume every moment of your existence. They are alert and curious but can't do one thing for themselves, not even to sit up without bracing. That means whomever is playing 'mom' is unavailable for anything else. Did I remind you also that they don't sleep, either. Anyway, that's the way it felt.

When mom (my daughter) came to pick him up I fell to my knees murmuring "thankyouthankyouthankyou". There is always a possibility that a parent would want a longer break or simply never return. One must give thanks at all times. I feel for 'mom' too, but she's young and will be able to block it all out with time. I don't have that much time left.

Did any of you watch Dateline last night? It was about internet predators and a Dateline sting. The deviants come from all walks of life and apparently all levels of intelligence, although they seem to think everyone else is dumb as a stump. I can only imagine what their family members, co-workers, and friends are talking about this morning. One was a rabbi. (Dateline showed a picture of him in a group of other people (faces blocked out). Their investigation showed that two other men in the group photo were serving time for sexual offenses.) I can only imagine how their lives have or will change as a result of this program. (I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them found out other people they know do the same thing.) We're a sick species... this kind of activity has probably gone on since the beginning of time.

Hey, what a fun blog this is!

My intent for today is to do some cleaning. I kind of let things fall where they might when I watched the wee one. It shouldn't take very long if I stay focused. Then I need to get out, just to stay balanced.

No comments: