Monday, October 13, 2008

Did I Mention That I Don't Like Heights?

The house across the way (and around the corner) is having their roof replaced. The guys have been working on it for several days now.


 One of the guys is carrying up a pack of roofing materials. No conveyor belt for these studs.

 I get nervous at the point they are transferring their body from the ladder to the roof.

 They have a rope or something similar to hold onto and pull them up the slant of the roof.

I often turn the other way because I do not want to see someone fall off. Shudder.

I remember one time I went to a basketball game. One time? It was the only time, and our seats were close to the ceiling of this multi-leveled arena. You know, the nosebleed section. It wasn't so bad climbing up to the seats.... but OHMYGAWD, getting down was horrible. I thought for sure I was going to fall. It was like looking down the side of the cliff. A cliff several hundred feet high. I. WILL. NEVER. DO. THAT. AGAIN.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh I can't believe what a memory you brought back.

We were at Dodger Stadium in the "nose bleed" section, and I was feeling dizzy and didn't want to stand up or leave my seat to even go to the bathroom... Never again... Ground seats, or NO SEATS.
I'll watch them on TV.

sandy said...

I agree, I don't HATE heights but I'd prefer to not be up too high.

Rudee said...

I don't mind being up high-I hate getting there. I have little mini panic attacks on bridges that span bodies of water. And only if I can't see the other side of the bridge. What goes up, must come down. It would seem, my imagination always gets the best of me. The smart part of me knows there is another side to the bridge but that doesn't stop my heart from racing or my hands from sweating. Beats me. Flat expanse bridges don't do this to me. Go figure.

Unknown said...

I am not afraid of looking down to the street level from the 8 floor as long as I am behind the glass windows looking down but get me on a roof top will never work for me!

I also dislike going on those double ferris wheels for the simple reason that I might fall out if I lean too far.

I guess I am half half afraid of heights just depends where I am at.