Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Mumbling Over Coffee

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketWell.... another day. Slurp.

'Mom' is gone for a while and I feel like I should be doing something constructive, but ya'll know what I really feel like doing, right? Yeah. Nothing. I'm so good at it, ya know.

I'm still waiting to get directions to the family gathering place for tomorrow. And still waiting to hear if I need to bring anything. I've got a couple of white elephant gifts that I'm looking forward to giving away. 'Mom' will be getting a couple of toys for the kids... they have their own "white elephant gift giving" thingy, but they don't get trades. We tried that once and the wee one having his gift taken away pitched a fit. Then another time one of the girls got really upset because she didn't pick a "good" gift. She didn't get the doll. Now the little ones get little gifts that aren't so much jokes as they are just little toys. It works out better that way.

I'm such a crusty old crone... I'm getting to the place where it would be fine with me to skip the get togethers. Everyone does not all get along "fine". The older siblings are fairly judgmental in their way. I just try to stay on the fringes and not take any sides. Once you take sides, it seems like everyone switches around. Taking 'sides' is a lose-lose situation, anyway. We are all the way we are and acceptance is the goal. Or tolerance... that would work, too.

I've not done any thing art related in a while. Maybe I'll try for a couple of sketches while I've got the place to myself.

If I think of anything else to yak about, I'll post it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't know how much I'll be on the computer through the holiday but have a happy day tomorrow....

sandy

BJ said...

CC - wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving day! It usually is fun getting together with family. And the white elephant thing sounds like such fun. Looking forward to hearing about your day!