Sunday, November 12, 2006

Warning: Amaryllis Alert!

 
 
 
No. Amaryllisi are not taking over the world, but it does look like at least one of them will be taking over this blog for a while. Its about the only thing moving around here and that's fine with me. I could do with a break from the neighbors' criminal activity in the form of drugs and busts and things.

I spotted the display of Amaryllis-i gift boxes in the store and grabbed one. (What is the plural of Amaryllis?) I love how they grow so FAST and I adore the deep red ones. What a splash of color they bring a room. I hope I've got enough sunlight for them. Once the drug dealers are gone from the apartments I can have my window blinds open more.

This one looks like today better be the day I put water to dirt. I swear, it looks like the tips of the pale foliage (snicker... 'foliage'... snicker again) has turned just a tad green by simply being out of the box.

Out of the box. Is that like being out of the closet?

There will, no doubt, be subsequent photos documenting the blooming of this wonderously growing bulb.

And on a different note... notice how gas prices have increased? I noted a 5 cent increase three days after the elections. We are so manipulated!
 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got one of those, Jackie Betts gave it to me, and the darn thing wont die... Just keeps coming back to life every year....

I don't think you can kill it for lack of sunlight, or water, or even thinking bad thoughts about it...

I've tried all three, nothing kills um...

sandy said...

will be fun to watch it bloom...

cat's momma said...

I'll be check in on the progress. I'd like to get one of those.

Anonymous said...

I found a link to your blog the other day and bookmarked it to pop back and have another read.

That flower just reminds me of a god-awful show I did last year... The Music Man. There's a hugely irritating girl character in it called Amaryllis.

It's a shame, as the flower is beautiful.