Saturday, February 18, 2006

A short 'outing'

For good mental health I felt I needed to get out of the apartment for a while. It is a bright sunny day that will freeze your ass off if you're not careful... which makes a car with a working heater very precious. But where to go? I thought I might check out Barnes and Noble, however, once I saw all the other people out and about I quickly changed courses.

I decided to go to the Wild Oats store in the area. They are the only place I've found that carries a good selection of incense.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Just as I was taking the picture of the store a money truck rolled up.

Here's a picture of their plant selection that they keep outside. I like the 'Hens and Chicks'... is that what they're called?
Image hosting by Photobucket
My mother use to have gobs of them and I got some from her... but I can't remember what happened to them. I've moved so much they probably got left behind.

They have a good selection of incense....
Image hosting by Photobucket
Nag Champa is what I get. I really love Prasad brand but the quanitity has been greatly reduced and the price has gone up by 50% so I leave them alone now.

They've got a great little counter I call Spring Tease.... Spring... can't cha just feel it comin'?
Image hosting by Photobucket

Here's just a scene on the way home... one way street and traffic isn't too heavy.
Image hosting by Photobucket

A couple of buildings in the hood have murals on them. Here's a very colorful one that's been there for many years. I was hoping to have the light be red so I could get a good shot of it... but I couldn't stop, so this was taken on the run.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Although I wasn't up to braving B&N, I did need to pick up a few things at the Dollar Store... now there was a crowd, but it wasn't too bad.

And that, my friends, is a glimpse into my very exciting life. You should see my fantasies! Or perhaps not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading about your day out. Loved the pictures also. I hope you do more glimpses of life like this.

zebra