Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Eerily Similar

Eerily similar but not as extreme. That's what I thought when I read about the ex-postal worker who killed seven people, possibly eight. From this follow-up article it sounds like this person should have been institutionalized, but local and federal governments don't or can't spend the money for very many institutions. Tax payers vote additional taxes down. Or something. Have I mentioned before that I think my crazy neighbor is on mental disability? There is nothing wrong with her physically so it only leaves mental. And it is when she is drinking that she loses control.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Marking the days off.

Yesterday was when the neighbor had agreed to turn over the keys to the property manager. When they came her father answered the door and said she wasn't home. Her poor father. He's 75 yrs old, doesn't get around very well, and he has to deal with her self-created problems. I bet that's one time he wished he had stayed out of bed.

It was pouring down rain yesterday. The neighbor's sister came over and they moved some clothing and bags. I don't think the neighbor could find anyone with a truck to move furniture. She took a couple of bags to the garbage and it looked like she gave a couple of bags to one of the other tenants. I'm not sure but I don't think she spent the night at her place.

I slept from 6pm to 6am... waking up every hour or so but going immediately back to sleep. This morning I felt like I was experiencing a slight case of post-traumatic stress syndrome... although using the word 'post' is premature at this time. The management office is suppose to keep me posted as to what is happening... I'll give them a couple of days and if I don't hear anything I'll send them a query.

On a brighter note, it is good to see that something is happening... that there is some moving going on. I just feel very sorry for whoever has to live around her now. I wonder if I'll ever hear her name on the news. You know, something like XXX was gunned down by someone protecting themselves.

I'm here to say, the "authorities" can not protect anyone. They can't even protect the public from the police, but enough said about that. Its a brighter day and there is more sunshine to come. I heard it on the news.

No comments: