Thursday, August 07, 2008

Sandy's Boats

Sandy asked in the comments section of her blog entry found here, if anyone was interested in doing her photos of boats. I didn't answer there because I wasn't sure if I would do it or not... but I gave it the ole try. (I have difficulty getting photos that aren't blurry. I took several shots. Sorry 'bout that.)
 

Watercolor pencils, 5.5 x 8.5 140 lbs paper

A picture of my work space. Keyboard, phone, container of water, pencils, coffee, pad of paper, junk mail that I use as a note pad, defuncted cell phone, junk, junk, junk. My version of living on the edge... two sources of liquid next to my keyboard and mouse. I moved one of them as soon as the thought entered my mind.

 


The photo as it appears on my monitor.
 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi CC,
I followed over from Sandy's blog. The painting turned out really well, and I just have to tell you you crack me up with your comments over at Sandy's place. I am going to come visit you now because I love to laugh. Was that story about somebody walking a rat for real? Maybe I am just gullible...Ha..anyway, it was funny!
Blessings,
Brenda

The Crusty Crone said...

Hi Brenda... the "tail" about the rat was real. And a bit unexpected.

Sue J said...

The boats turned out really well. I like it. How many times have you dipped your brush in your coffee instead of your water :)) I do it quite often.

cat's momma said...

I don't know about CC, but I've been know to dip my brush in my coffee or drinking water instead of the water for paint!

CC, I love this painting! You did a really good job! I love colorful little boats like this.

Sandy said...

Wow...great job on the boats. I have a few more in the que that I want to post, well actually just one..but I like this one you chose to do!! Always like to see your life when you are living on the edge..

the rat thing was so funny by the way.

I Am said...

looking good