Thursday, August 14, 2008

I think RegCure is a sham

I bought this 'clean up' software off the web because I wanted to clean up/delete all the empty registry keys. (I think its stuff that stays on your pc even after you uninstall/delete programs.) I have never been able to get the scan to come up with zero "empty registry keys."

I just scanned my pc six times, one right after the other, and the lowest count I could come up with is a count of 4. 4 empty registry keys. I was not nor had I been on the web. I did not uninstall any programs. I did not visit any sites. I only had RegCure up.... and kept scanning/fixing, scanning/fixing six times. Never got a zero. I think this program just randomly displays numbers so you think its doing something.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm fairly ignorant of electronics and I may be wrong... but right now I think I've been had. I'm posting this so no one else buys the junk and thinks its actually doing something. (this is not the first time I've done back-to-back scans. it is the first time I did six of them.)

No comments: