Sunday, March 11, 2007

Clyde Drexler

Clyde, the Glide, Drexler was my favorite basketball player. Ever. "Ever" mainly because I'm not, nor have I ever been, into basketball... but I liked me some Clyde.

I liked how he conducted himself, at least in public. He was never busted for drugs, fighting pit bulls, or carrying concealed weapons. He conducted himself as a gentleman. I don't recall him ever saying anything negative about anyone else. That is, in public.

However, I'm not totally retarded. I know watching a person on tv doesn't give one the full measure of a man... but that's okay. I chose to believe Drexler was and is a gentleman.

And now the Glide is going to be on Dancing With the Stars. I don't watch that program but I will Monday. I'm hoping to see those twinkling eyes once again. And we'll find out if he's still "gliding".

No comments: