Thursday, October 26, 2006

Yada Yada Yada

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I’m having one of those days where I am sleepy but can’t seem to catch a nap no matter how much I try to grab it. I was awake most of the night…. the stink from crack being smoked kept infiltrating my apartment. Then I began noticing a few people coming and going from one of the upstairs apartments. I decided to send a formal complaint to the property managers. I know they need documentation (complaints) in order to be able to do anything. Later in the morning I had finally fallen asleep only to be awaken by an automated telephone call from a lying politician. Sigh. You’d think between the telemarketers, survey takers, and political calls that I would feel popular, but all I feel is like I’m being pecked apart by vultures. The kind that don’t stop feeding until every inch of flesh is gone.

I love NPR, public radio…. love the interviews on Fresh Air and the stories on American Roots. Its too bad they have to have pledge drives so much. Any millionaires out there? How about donating? DUH! What am I saying. Millions aren’t enough any more. Any billionaires out there? How about setting up a trust for public radio?

(Poor little billionaires reading my blog…awwww.)

Damn, just got another irritating call from XXXX. I don’t like his ads and I don’t like him and I’m not going to vote for him for governor.

I read on someone else’s blog that they had been ‘scanned’ by the government several times, based on their stats counter statistics. She must have used a word or phrase that an automated system would pick up.

Did you see how the new Lexus has an option where the car will automatically parallel park. Now how automated is that. It uses cameras, sensors, and satellites. The car will only cost between $60,000-$90,000. Big Brother just gets bigger and bigger. But I’m sure, she said innocently, that once the threat of terrorism is over all monitoring mechanisms will be dismantled.

It would appear that the best time for viewing youtube is in the middle of the night when traffic is low. Otherwise the streaming halts too much.

Another beautiful autumn day. Perfect.

I think I’ll bake some chicken breast, toss in some baby carrots slightly covered in olive oil, and fix some brown rice. Okay…. that’s it! When I start talking about dinner fixin’s its time to stop.

Hope ya’ll get to experience a sense of delight today. Speaking of delight, here is Starbucks 5 principles of success:

1. Make it your own
2. Everything matters
3. Surprise and delight
4. Embrace resistance
5. Leave your mark

This list comes fromRobert Genn’s twice weekly newsletter.

Leave your mark… I think this one to be the easiest for me. I’m always leaving a mess on things.

No comments: