Saturday, March 25, 2006

Nuthin' Much.... you?

Image hosting by Photobucket
If you've noticed several repeats of "eye candy" its because I've been told by photobucket.com that I'm reaching the end of my free space on their site, so I haven't been uploading anything. Their email could have simply been regular advertisement, but since I've got 15 'pages' of photos I figure the free time is about gone.

When you don't have a specific subject matter for an entry, its kind of difficult to come up with a title for it.

I was contemplating whether to take a morning nap, take a shower, or simply continue surfing the web. My answer has come in a form of a phone call from someone who will be coming over to repay a loan. I shall straighten up first... shouldn't take long... and then shower. After that, I can see if I can sqeeze in a nap. Does it sound like I'm napping all the time? Well, I try. Please remember, crones don't necessarily get in an eight-hour stretch of sleep... its more like four or five hours of interrupted repose injected between trips to the bathroom. But I think its more natural to follow the promptings of the body, rather than trying to make it fit into certain schedules. Schedules created by commerce...gotta sleep eight hours so you can work eight-plus hours, etc.. It should be more like how a cat does it. Only without the tail. I'm getting the fur thing down good, though.... in the form of inappropriate hair growth. I'm just having some trouble with that grooming activity. My legs and back won't bend that much. Any more. (I'm such a tease sometimes.)

I was checking my stats details and it seems like most of my blog visits are coming from automated software searching. Anyway, that's my guess since the visits don't even register length of time (0 seconds) and it has something to do with "WhoIs". ??? Maybe its a software that searches to see if a user name has already been snagged by someone. If that's the case, then I have very few real visitors... and that's okay cause I'm not promoting my blog. Oh... and lurkers shouldn't be concerned because the stats do not show me enough details to determine who is checking it out. Honest...really.

Dontcha hate it when people do that... say one thing but make it seem like something else so that you don't know whether or not to believe them. I remember back in my thirties that I did not want to lie to my significant other but the truth would have hurt their over-sensitive feelers and I might have gotten my ass kicked... and we didn't want that.... So I told them the truth but made it seem like I was lying. And they swallowed it. And it got me off the hook as well. I can't even remember what it was about, either.

Well, I gotta go straighten up the place. Enjoy this day cause its the only time that this particular day will exist.

ooops... almost forgot our vocabulary word for the day:

pastiche

Used in a sentence: Telling [Jackson] Pollock's story had become somewhat of an obsession for [Ed] Harris, so it was important to balance the fine line between accurate storytelling, homage and pastiche.

Function: noun
Etymology: French, from Italian pasticcio
1 : a literary, artistic, musical, or architectural work that imitates the style of previous work; also : such stylistic imitation
2 a : a musical, literary, or artistic composition made up of selections from different works : POTPOURRI b : HODGEPODGE

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm reading and sure enjoyed it, inappropriate hair growth, hahaha. Yeah that happens doesn't it. Or inappropriate hair loss or ...well i could go on and on.

sandy

Pennytunes said...

What do you mean you don't know how many really read, I DO!... But you don't blog everyday... And neither do I so I guess that is par for the course....

Anonymous said...

What do you mean you don't know how many really read, I DO!... But you don't blog everyday... And neither do I so I guess that is par for the course....

The Crusty Crone said...

(00) There... There is life here! Imagine that!! Just kidding. I knew there were a few folks reading here. I hope it didn't sound too much like I was begging for comments, BUT they are nice to have every once in a while. I was just feeling chipper about my stats count until I looked at it closer. The ego whimpered just a little when I realized the count isn't a "true" count.
Good to see you, Penny. I check on your blog too and always enjoy an update... but based on my own experiences there are times when blogging just doesn't have a priority. And sometimes that's just because I can't think of a single thing to say.
And Sandy... about that hair thing... I was just thinking how similar the beginning and ending of life is for us humans. We come in with no teeth and the need to wear diapers. We go out with no teeth and the need to wear diapers. (at least it seems to be in my future.) We are just a hell of a lot cuter as babies, aren't we. hahaha I crack me up sometimes.

Thank you both for saying 'Hi'... its appreciated.
Crusty