Thursday, October 20, 2005

Thursday's Thirteen #11

Thursday's Thirteen
Crusty's thirteen morsels

1. By this weekend I will have moved six times in three years. I am so tired of moving, but it does help to keep things weeded out. Simplify Simplify

2. I'm not a "collector". Perhaps I'm too practical, but I don't feel the 'zing' in having 100 Prince Alberts in the tin sitting on a shelf. It seems to boil down to being able to say 'I have something you don't'.

3. Don't get me wrong... I do collect, but just not on purpose. I collect dust bunnies, unpaid bills, messy counters... you know, that sort of stuff.

4. The only time I can be assured of having my space to myself is if I let my daughter use my car so that she and her two boys are gone. I'm trying to reclaim ownership of my car. Its a delicate balance. (When she's home she pops in several times a day to check her email, among other things.)

5. I want to take a nap already but I also need to do moving stuff.

6. I am developing a desire to have some mustard greens. Its like instant health.

7. I would like to be able to get a newer TV.... one with a video or DVD player built in too. Oh yeah... and with a remote control.

8. When I get done with this list I need to turn off the pc and tv so I will get something done.

9. This weekend I'm going clothes shopping. I haven't done that in years. And I'm going to stock up on underwear. There's nothing like a drawer full of panties to make one feel abundant.

10. I can hear the two grandkids through the wall. I think they are playing rather than fussing. That's good.

11. Three more things... I need three more things. Sigh

12. I need to clean out my car. Its a total mess. I will do that after I'm done moving.

13. I may be off-line for a day or two. I'm just not sure yet. It won't be long enough to be missed, though.

Here's Leanne's thirteen... and she also has the links to others doing it.

2 comments:

leanne said...

Well, I can only speak for myself when I say I'VE missed you. I hope you have an easy move!

used*to*be*me* said...

Good luck on the move! I'll be at driving school for speeding. that won't happen again! I'm reading the other 13s out there. I think I've been here before...