Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Moving

My gosh, I can't believe its been five days since my last entry. Surely I could have thought of something trivial to post, but I guess not.

I'm moving this week. Moving to a newer apartment and hopefully getting my own life back. This actually means 'getting my car back' from my daughter more than anything. My son manages the apartment site and rented the small newer apartment for me. I won't have to pay rent until December 1st. The rent is $100 more than what I pay here, but my son is going to pay the difference. And to make the move as easy as possible for me, he and his wife have completely furnished and stocked it so all I really have to do is simply walk away from this one. I mean they have food in the cupboards and freezer, toothpaste and hair dryer, paper towels and iron, on and on... I mean everything a person would need... including furniture. The site also has a laundry room. Be still my heart.

Its small. The one stipulation from my son was that I couldn't have Candace live with me. (She's sucking me dry and my 'mother-side' has problems saying "no" and sticking to it.)

Here's the view from the door. In the lower left hand corner is a tip of the glass coffee table. I'm sharing that to give you an idea of how small it is. The suade couch and coffee table IS the living room.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And a view of the kitchen from the door way... viewing across the living room area.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The kitchen... with a dishwasher and garbage disposal. (00)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The bathroom is large enough that I can hold both of my arms out and not touch the walls. In other words, a normal sized bathroom. The one in the old apartment is the size you would find in a travel trailer.

You know, its not particularly easy to release all the stuff I have. I get things out, handle it, put it in a box thinking "I can't leave this" and when I think about actually moving the box... that's when I find it easier to say..."no, I'm not taking you with me." Its all stuff I haven't used since moving in, anyway.

My son said to just get what I MUST have (mostly art supplies) and to walk away. He will have his crew come in and toss everything in a trailer and take it to the dump. I'm sure lots of the stuff will be taken/used by the workers. Anyway, that's what I'm hoping will happen. Or maybe my son will know some people who could use it. He's always doing wonderous things for people.

I wasn't thinking about moving, but my son made me a deal I couldn't refuse. I haven't even listed all the things he is and has done for me. I'm very blessed.

I thought I could hang out here once the crack addicts were evicted, but no. There's still one more apartment to be cleared of addicts and one that has gone through eviction. They may have been evicted, but they are still here. There is an old car sitting on the street with household stuff in it. A couch sits up next to the wall. I think someone is living in the car. And the woman (a 'classic' addict) who was evicted was out there all night long with a few other people. I happened to see her around 3am going to a car that had pulled up... probably doing a drug deal. I also notice yesterday that it looks like someone took a dump right under my kitchen window. EEEEUUUUUUU So... no, I do not want to stay here any more.

No comments: