Monday, August 31, 2009

Is There a Dark Cloud Over My Head? Over my PC?

First of all.... forget the Spyware Doctor program that I mentioned in the post below. Its not really free. Oh sure, the scan is free, but what good is that. (Don't get me wrong. I understand its all about the buck, but don't say something is free when its not. Or at least just say the 'scan only' is free.) I went back to a free spyware program I have used in the past. SuperAntiSpyware dot com. A limited version, of course. And (tears and sniffles) I'm soooo appreciative that its available to peasants free of charge. (Donations gratefully accepted, however. Plus you can buy an expanded version if you want.)

I thought yesterday I had taken care of the bleep bleep problem but I hadn't. I'm kind of waiting to see if anything indicating a problem shows up now, after using the SuperAntiSpyware. So far, so good.

My browser was hijacked. I couldn't go/read/see anything. As soon as I would go to a web site, I would find myself at (link address)"blank:about".... and "buy this protection now!" would be on the screen. I would google for free spyware and as soon as I clicked and went to the site selected, the blasted fake alert message came up. I don't know how I managed to finally get to a site to download help, but I managed.

I don't know if I really had a trojan horse or not. One of the infections detected was called TrojanFakeAlert. ?? So was it just a fake alert?? I hope so, but that malware... that hijacking malware. ooooohhhhhh the air is blue with the after affects of my cussing.

I was getting to the place where I was just going to accept it... I have been listening to Eckhart Tolle about acceptance lately.... but I wanted to give it one last try. Whew. I think things might be working okay now. My fingers are crossed.

(In case you are wondering, Eckhart's last name is pronounced toe-lay. That's what he said during an interview once. Lots of people say toll.)

2 comments:

Patricia said...

I'm so sorry you're still having trouble on your computer...I,too, got hoodwinked by Spyware Doctor...and I'm on dialup so it took forever to download...I mean hours and hours...and then a lengthy scan..14 non critical problems..(mostly cookies) AND THEN they announced they wouldn't clean them up until I bought the program...oooooo

Rudee said...

And what is the point behind people who do this? It's so frustrating. I hope you get all the bugs out.