Monday, June 09, 2008

Can I borrow that?

I just had a big chuckle over someone's blog entry. (I don't suppose its kosher to use someone else's story, but I don't have anything else. Now you have a better idea of who you're dealing with... )

A true story. A grandmother, tired of telling her young grandson that she wasn't going shopping, finally grabbed a flashlight and held it up to grandson's ear.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm seeing if there's anything in there. Nope. I can see the light reflecting off the wall over there. Empty, just as I suspected, otherwise you would listen to what I'm telling you."

Grandson, not believing her... yet not quite sure, grabbed the flashlight and held it to his own ear. No light on the wall.

"You're lying!"

"No I'm not... you're just not tilting your head the right way."

Grandson tries it again from slightly different angle. And we all know how important timing is, don't we. Just as grandson was trying it again, a car turned the corner and its headlights reflected on the wall.

(00)

Grandson goes running and crying to his mother in the next room ... "MY HEAD IS EMPTY!! MY HEAD IS EMPTY!!"

Doncha jus luv it.

Grandmother was appropriately berated by boy's mother, grandson was appropriately reassured, and lots of folks got a great laugh.

I took liberties with the dialogue, but since I'm stealing the story anyway, what's a few liberties here and there.

3 comments:

cat's momma said...

HAHAHAHA...great story!

Anonymous said...

That was a cute story!

s

Wanda said...

Ha Ha !!! Oh that was great !! Loved that!