Saturday, April 21, 2007

A short political rant

The news reported about President Bush's weekly radio program and his comments about the situation of Virginia Tech... a compassionate statement from the government. I have serious doubts about the president's ability to connect the dots. Federal funding for people-oriented programs have been drastically cut, if not removed all together. This includes funding for mental health. Is the president able to connect the dots between a mentally ill student killing 32 people and the lack of mental health facilities? External appearances would indicate 'no'. I believe this is what the president means when he "empowers the people". It means you're on your own.

If you were thinking of sending the president a paint-by-numbers kit for Christmas, you may want to rethink it. I wouldn't send any puzzles, either. I'm just saying.

Gawd I hope the democrates come up with a viable candidate... but I'm not holding my breath. One politician is the same as another politician.... or a horse by any other name would be called a jackass.

No comments: