Monday, July 17, 2006

Nuttin much...

 
 
 
 
Some pictures of my financial institution. Its a great old building with lots of wood and historical energy. If I knew more about it, I'd share. What I do remember is that at one time it was a golf club for men, sat empty for a long time then opened up as a restaurant. I think it was called Sweet Tiddy Dunbar... or something similar. It is now a credit union.

It sits in the neighborhood area called Sullivan's Gulch. Sullivan's Gulch is a very small area... 20 blocks or so... and it currently has a freeway running through it. Prior to the freeway it was the area of the city where the poor people lived. I saw a couple of photos of the area from the 30s and 40s and it looked like a 'shanty town'... a third world country. It was very full during the Depression.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: