Sunday, July 09, 2006

Got Ants?

Got ants? Tired of over-the-counter remedies not working? Try Cream of Wheat. Sprinkle it around the area they travel... they'll take it back "home" and have a feast. I won't go into the rest of the story, but in two or three days the ants should be gone. I got this tip from a maintenance worker who got it from an old codger. The maintenance worker said it worked at his place (after trying everything he could find).

Oh.. and here's something else. When your digital camera says "HEY... My batteries are too low to take pictures...give me more JUICE and give it to me NOW!" don't throw those batteries out just yet. They still have plenty of juice in them to run a walkman radio (don't know about the tapes, they use a lot of juice) for several days. That's been my personal experience. They might also work in other things that don't take lots of energy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really believe that about the ants?
You think they are going to take their cream of wheat and LEAVE? (and if they don't take it all little bugs and stuff will grow in it)
They might take it, but while they're chomping on it, other ants will come by and say "hey dudes where did you get that neat stuff, is it FREE?"
And pretty soon the whole ant population in your area will be lined up at your cracks. I mean the cracks in the house.
So you put out more, and they take it, and by that time the first group will be done and back for more.
Try it and keep count (LOL)
I once read the way to get rid of cockroaches, though maybe ants are too smart and sensible, is put some little containers of sweet wine around. The bug are attracted to it, drink it, get looped and fall in and drown. This was supposedly a humane way to kill them, because they would die "happy".
If I stray ant ever ventures in my house (and it's an old house, plenty of cracks) the cats think it's a new toy, and make it sorry it did.
Don't forget what you think about and put your attention on you get more of.

The Crusty Crone said...

Well, Carrie, the logic behind it seems plausible.... but I won't be able to say for sure until I try it myself and right now I don't have any ants to deal with.

sandy said...

Well I heard cinnamon can repel them. I tried it once and it seemed to work...