Sunday, June 25, 2006

The celebration

 
 
 
It was a nice little celebration. The celebration was for one of my son-in-laws who managed, with a lot of "understanding" from his family, to get his Masters degree. I can't swear to it, but I'm guessing its in business administration or some kind of teaching/social work. I should know this, but I don't.

My daughter, his wife, said he had really been looking forward to the party... more than expected. I was the only family member that showed up, but what else can be expected from dysfunctional groupings like families. We pick our friends and are stuck with our family. But there were plenty of friends... with their kids.

Most of the friends fit the bill of 'social worker' types. They are very similar in action as well as dress and manner of expression. Two of the women even wore the same straw hat. They were all very nice. One older man (older as in about my age) was really very funny in a low-keyed way. He was SIL's mentor and the one who encouraged him to get his Masters.

Apparently the cake decorator was not familiar with the name of Ulf and so it looks like initials on the cake. Oh... and the cake was very good. A Costco cake.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: