Monday, September 15, 2008

Its Gonna Be Another Hot One

 And I don't mean a dude. Its gonna be 90+ degrees today.... and tomorrow. Maybe these will be the last hot days of the season. Come winter I will try to remember how hot it was during the summer when I'm outside bundled up and getting wet. Geesh. There's just no pleasing us. (whadda mean, don't include you?!)

Saturday I went over to a friend's and we played Upwards. Got my butt beat... again. Our scores are usually between 300 and 400 points. She got over 600 points this time. Its an all time record. I'm so happy for her. I know I'll never be able to forget it. (She has a memory like a steel trap.)

The next question is what will the day bring. If anything happens, I'll let you know.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rudee said...

Well, today brought cool temps to my house and a quote from John McCain that the economy is fundamentally strong. Does he live on this planet? What is Upwards? Obviously, I lead a sheltered life!

The Crusty Crone said...

What planet does McCain live on? Apparently its the same planet that junior (bush) lives on because he, too, said the economy is basically strong. Yeah... and I'm a natural blond.

Upwards is like scrabble, only you can put letters on top of other letters to make new words.... up to five high.

cat's momma said...

"I'm so happy for her"....hahahahaha...bwah-ha-ha-ha...if I said "I'm so happy for her," I sure know what that would mean in my mind. Thanks for the laugh!!! I know you beat my butt in scrabble online a few years ago, so I can't imagine someone beating you!!

The long week and a half is over...R is now home as of tonight...K and I are leaving tomorrow for a few days...gotta get outta town and find something to enjoy and be positive about.

Unknown said...

I heard it was pretty warm here yesterday except I thought my neighbors were nuts cause the apartment that I had been cleaning yesterday was so much more hotter than outside even...until I discovered that someone had flipped on the oven like three hours before I even started cleaning....talk about a sweat bath.

What kind of a game is upbeat anyways?

sandy said...

Well, talk about hot, you should have been where we were!

Enjoyed your caterpillar story, but really...you felt "eeoooowww" when seeing it..hahaha. I love caterpillars cause I know they are going to be beautiful butterflies.

Sounds like you are getting messages about the future....

Possibly we are all in for changes...the kind nobody wants...
now that deserves a "eeeeooowwwwww"
ha!