Friday, April 28, 2006

Life in the Hood

Was life any safer in the "olden days"? Hard to tell since history is written after the fact and in the "olden days" they didn't have the same ability for mass communications as we do now.

Our chief of police is under investigation for having a sexual affair with an employee several years ago. He gave the impression of being a decent guy but he apparently couldn't keep his pants zipped. His taste in women leaves a lot to be desired, too. She seems to have lived a tough life. I bet the sex wasn't worth what he's going through now. I would have thought he had more intelligence than what he's displayed... but 'my bad'.

Then our director of the State's Liquor Control Commission got arrested for DUII after crashing into another car. Although she stated she only had a couple of glasses of wine over a 4 or 5 hour period of time her blood alcohol level was twice what the legal limit is.... she has turned in her resignation. I'm guessing she was asked to do so.

Yesterday there was a drive-by shooting about four blocks away. It was steps from a high school. A 15 yr old was hit and he's currently recovering in the hospital.

In the middle of the night I saw a police car cruising through the area using its search light, obviously looking for someone. I then heard on the news that three fires were started two blocks away. We've got a lot of mentally ill people roaming the streets due to lack of money for funding mental hospitals. Maybe that has something to do with it. Or maybe just bored kids... too soon to know.

3 comments:

Pennytunes said...

have you been playing with the colors or is it just me??? (grin)... I don't remember them being this brite

Pennytunes said...

Hey they just changed back no fair, or was my eyes just playing tricks on me???

The Crusty Crone said...

ah... er.... ehmmm... maybe, ah, oh... I know. Maybe its saying "i am has seen the light"??

Haven't changed any colors to make things brighter. maybe there was a power surge or sumpin'