Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Down Cycle

"They" say life is circular... filled with up cycles followed by down cycles. I gotta tell ya, the up cycles don't compensate for the down ones. My up cycles seem to be flat... until I fall off into a down cycle.

I try to avoid confrontations with life but sometimes it has a way of seeping in under the door. Like now. I've got family members in dire straits and it ripples out to touch others in one way or another. Add to that I have several friends who are having to look at intense life situations dead in the eyes. And there's nothing I can do to help in any of the cases. Its like trying to hold your breath until the other hatchet falls. You know what I mean. You know the feeling... tight tenseness.
And the only thing I can do is wait.

And while I'm waiting, life is slapping around my reality. We had an Amber Alert today. Technically it was in Washington but the city of Vancouver is just across the bridge and its like a neighborhood. A witness saw a young girl get snatched off her bike... all indications are that it was a kidnapping. Broad daylight, busy street across from a police building, people all over the place but only one witness. We've had gobs of attempted kidnappings going on and this one seems to have been successful.

Humanity is going crazy. Crazy, I tell ya!

I had an errand to run and driving back I saw young people behaving like low-life thugs. And they're going to grow up and become low-life adults... without a chance for a decent life. How much of that is due to environment and upbringing and how much of it is simply who they were born to be. With their attitudes they don't have a chance. And it ripples out from there.

I've gotta go listen to Tolle... and do some meditation. Ohmmmmmmmm

Update: The Amber Alert was called off. Apparently some of the details of information doesn't add up to what the witness said and no one has reported a child missing. So the outcome is looking better for the child, if there was one, but its not looking so great for the witness. I hope everything turns out for the best.

No comments: