Monday, June 08, 2009

Whadda Ya Want to Talk About?

 
A drawing from a magazine ad.

One of our local morning talk shows had a doctor/author on who has written a book about premonitions. (The Power of Premonishions by Larry Dossey, M.D.) He's, or 'they', are researching premonitions using measurments that will satisfy the sciencific world.

One of the things he mentioned surprised me because I do not remember hearing this about the 9/11 plane crashes. He said all four airplanes were only 20% full on average. He believes that this was as a result of a lot of premonishions happening. (I don't recall hearing this on the news... that the planes were not full. Have any of you heard this?)

Edit: I just googled and the only thing I found indicated there was an average of 61 people per plane, which includes staff. I've never been on a plane, but this sounds like the planes may not have been completely full. Please share if you know about how full or empty the planes were.

One example he gave was a woman, booked for one of the flights, was scheduled to speak before the United Nations. That morning she woke up with a great feeling of malaise. She called the UN and told them she would not be coming... one just doesn't blow off the United Nations, but she stuck to her guns.

I just found it a bit interesting.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh Crusty I find that very interesting too. I guess some call it that "gut" feeling!

I had never heard that about the number of passengers on the planes.

By the way....your sketch is wonderful, and the ones on Sandy's blog are great too.

Brenda said...

I had not heard or remember knowing how many were on the planes. I do believe in premonitions or gut feelings though. Mine are almost always ones that we pay attention to.
I like your sketch. I need to try and do some more art work one of these days.

cat's momma said...

I love this sketch you did...very nice!!

sandy said...

Wow, great sketch. I missed this one too..I'm not use to you blogging so frequently. I must not have scrolled down enough when I was here the other day.