Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Stop Dreaming!

oh dear. My friend (I mentioned previously about her health issues) emailed me today about a dream she had... a happy dream for her. To me it was and is worrisome. Her dream was about meeting up with her fun-loving ex husband (Who died a few years ago) and they had a lot of fun. It ended with her at the base of a bridge where she warned a little girl to put her shoes on....

When someone is waiting at the bottom of a bridge to cross over... its not a good sign. Not from my perspective. It symbolizes a crossing over. And a warning about shoes?! Her circulatory problem is in her legs and feet. oh crap.

I could tell she felt good about the dream. I sure don't. If one pays attention, life gives you a heads up on important things. I think its to help one to cope. Sigh.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Let's hope the dream doesn't mean anything. I get those gut feelings sometimes and many times they are correct, but sometimes they aren't. Hope all goes well for you and her. She sounds like a great friend.

Rudee said...

I don't know how bad her health is, but it is common for our hospice patients to see things, hear things and have dreams about people who have left ahead of them.

cat's momma said...

I find that dream disturbing too.

Wanda said...

I wonder how this will play out...

I'm so sorry for her health, but I do think people have dreams that have meaning, and some that don't.

I will keep her in my prayers!!

Say, can I take your sketch of the old woman and dog, that I love so dearly, and fool around with some watercolor on it???

I really need to paint something, I feel so out of it, not painting for so long. And she just inspired me...

Just hearing the news of Michael Jackson's death. Sad!!

LOL;Wanda

The Crusty Crone said...

Wanda, please help yourself to the sketch. When you paint it, maybe you can fix the dog's eyes. I've got him looking like he's blind or something.

(perhaps I should mention that I used a photo from Vanity Fair magazine...it was in a special 'Character Project' foldout so don't go putting the painting in a gallery or anything. I could be in deep sh*t.)