Saturday, February 10, 2007

Gone or Not Gone

That is the question. And I don't know the answer.... yet.

The question really is: Is 'Mom' and the two grandsons gone now or will they be back.

'Mom's' plan was to pack the car up this morning, go and get her windshield replaced, and then hit the freeway heading south from there. She didn't have an appointment for the windshield place. Its a first-come, first-served set up on Saturdays and she wasn't in a hurry to get there early. Maybe they will be able to do it today. Maybe they won't. Time will tell. I'm also thinking that they may tell her not to drive on the freeway for 24 hrs to give the windshield a chance to "set" good. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. So these two things are what is making me unsure as to whether or not the family unit is really gone or not. (oh...and the boys were really cranky this morning. What fun for 'mom'.)

Its very possible that they may be knocking on my door later today. I have to wait on time to find out.

Beyond that.... there's the hard part of waiting to hear if they got to their final destination okay or not. The nail biting period of time. The pacing... the underlying tenseness in the gut.

I'm not a big risk taker.... although I've certainly taken my share of stupid risks. But to jump into a raggedy old car for a trip is not something I would be prone to do. Not even when I was younger.

ohcrap... just gotta let go and trust all will be well.

No comments: