Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Boys Spent the Night

 
 Darius called yesterday, and using his most pitiful voice, he asked if he could spend the night. I had a weak moment and said "Sure. Bring your brother, too." That perked 'Mom' right up. You remember how it felt those few times when you found yourself without small off-spring.... great, huh! 'Mom' is going to get another break this weekend. One of her sisters is going to have the boys over for the weekend. It will be good exposure for the boys ("This is how an average families live. This is what an average family looks like...see, two parents. How about that, huh!")

I had already stocked the cupboards so I was good to go with house guests. I also had two squirt bottles at hand. Nothing like a warm day and water bottles to give active boys something to do.

Febreze... do you use it? I bought a jug of it recently and it seems to smell stronger, like cheap cologne added to water. Has anyone else noticed it?

Toilet bowl cleaner... what do you recommend for cleaning toilet bowls? Got any magic formulas? I've been using Comet, but its not cutting it.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Brenda said...

You are such a good Grandma CC. I bet they love your sense of humor and miss you often and call every week begging to come over. Head over to my place when you get a chance....I have a guessing game involving you.

The Crusty Crone said...

ah... er... actually... no, they don't call me every week. See, I don't blog about the times I'm yelling at them or making them sit on the couch in a time out. Darius called me because he was ticked off and wanted to get away from his mom. Its either because he's SOOO frigging bored he doesn't know what to do or he's mad because he couldn't do something. I can say we have our good times and our bad times, but I will never be nominated for gramma of the day. Its not in my genes.

sandy said...

fun seeing the boys. Hey a good gramma always rescues them when they need a break! ha...I've been doing that with Hunt regularly...sometimes they just need a different routine.

i bet they had fun.

Brenda said...

Ha...came back here . I would never win awards as Mom or Grandma, and i don't want any. I just think I am ok. Not bad and not good. Just ok.

Febreze and all air fresheners make me gag. I never used to be this way...just the past few years. No perfume either. Anything aerosol really gets me. Must be a new illness no ones knows the cure for yet. Ha...