Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"It was the water, Your Honor. The water made me do it."

Will drinking water become the next defense stance? By now you've probably already heard about our tainted water across the nation. Residue from prescription drugs can be found in our drinking water. "They" say its leftover residue that is released in urine. (Lets not even think about various drugs (legal and illegal) being flushed down the toilet as the safest way of getting rid of it.) Perhaps atheletes can now claim it was the water I drank! as a defense for steroid charges.

What has me concerned is that if our so called purification processes cannot remove all traces of drugs.... what else can't it remove? I mean, if you think about all the kinds of things that get flushed...ohmygawd, what are we drinking?! Besides poop, we've got vomit, Draino, bleach, dead goldfish.... and I'm sure there's a lot of other things that I'm not think of or am not aware of. Crap oh dear! (you can't trust bottled water either. It usually comes from the same source.)

And now I'm changing subjects. It hypocrisy. Another politician gets caught with his pants down, in a manner of speaking. Governor Spitzer identified as a prostitution customer. Another case of Do as I say, not as I do. Another good ole boy from the republican party gets outed. However, I'm not naive enough to think democrates don't do the same thing. I mean, after all, we have Kennedy and Clinton in the history books. I just don't know how much they went around and hawked morales while jacking off in a phone booth.

And then there's good ole boy Bush... vetoing a bill to ban torture while the U.S. cites China for using torture (and other human rights violations). What the hell is wrong with this picture? Bush is supposedly a born-again Christian. Did he stop to ask "What Would Jesus Do?" Do ya really think Jesus would say 'torture that bastard!'

We're in bad shape, folks. The human species is in deep trouble. And we've only been at it for a minute. In earth history timeframes, the human species has only been here for a few minutes and look at what we've done.

1 comment:

cat's momma said...

I'm just sayin'...I hear ya! You put it all very well.