Wednesday, February 04, 2009

So... how's it going?

 This is a face I saw in the swirl of wood that I call a door. Once I had drawn it, the face faded and I couldn't find it again. Go figure.


This is a print (I think its a print) I got at Goodwill for $2.99. I wanted something for the bathroom and since this came with a protective covering (which made it hard to photograph without a reflection even though I didn't use a flash) I got it. Its by Peter Greaver and is called Fairy Light 2.
 

I'm feeling discouraged today. I know the mood will change, since they always do (even the good moods) but today I'm a little ticked. I'm ticked at the people who create viruses and I'm ticked at the people who create anti virus software that doesn't work. I won't share the curses I've been flailing about, but rest assured.... they have been cursed royally.

I fixed a small pot of split peas this morning. Afterwards I read the nutrient content. Not much to them. A tiny bit of sodium, a very small amount of carbs, and 44% dietary fiber. Tomorrow should be interesting.

I'm curious is this will post. Its the first time trying to post something from Picassa. If it doesn't post, you won't know about it. If it does post... well, you know. Shall we find out? Here goes.....
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

sandy said...

Whenever I am in the bathroom, ...ah hem, for awhile, I see faces in my tile on the floor. I have so many times, thought I would draw what I see and then I forget too.

Cool face there..

And I really like that print, that might be a fun one to try and draw.

I absolutely relate to your frustration, after having gone through this for well over a month ...well over....

hope you get it all straightened out...

Brenda said...

The drawings are very nice and I can relate to the computer frustrations. Sometimes I think I will just do without one, but I do enjoy this blogging I have gotten myself into.

cat's momma said...

Me too...I see faces in all kinds of places...there is even a pig at the top of a tree that I see when I'm on my balcony...often thought I should draw it...it's a cartoon pig face...just this morning I saw an interesting face in my quilt...and, like Sandy, the bathroom floor is a treasure chest of faces...hahaha!

The Crusty Crone said...

'treasure chest of faces' hahaha Chest, faces. I guess I just had a George Carlin moment. (I watched a program about him last night. I bet he could have used something like this in his routine.)

Sue J said...

Love the face!! :)) And the print was a bargain. I like it very much.
I guess you'll have your own little methane factory going after the peas:)) I love soaked peas - we call them mushy peas. Great with pie and chips or even on their own with a bit of mint sauce.

Unknown said...

Every time I go to my doctor's office I often see faces in his ceiling peering right down at me during my normal routine exam!

Glad to have you back! A friend of mine computer is totally out of it, I couldn't believe at how many viruses he has on his machine...I never seen so many all at once on one computer ever...then I come to found out that he never and I mean never used a anti virus program before.

Wanda said...

I guess we all see faces.... I saw them in the tile in our former bathroom.... I have white tile here, and haven't seen anything.

Love the face.... he's wonderful, and the print....what a good buy!