Thursday, January 08, 2009

A Leader... We Finally Have a Leader!!!

I'm speaking of Obama, of course, and his speech he made this morning. His 'state of the union', if you will. If you missed it, I hope you get a chance to see it via the web.

God blessed us with a leader. A real one!!

On another note, I couldn't sleep last night so I watched a PBS program. It was about Katrina results. What a gawd awful mess the government left. Local as well as national government. And what a joke... a cruel joke it was. The incompentency of it all. The companies hired to provide various services or distribute help did very very well... more bonuses for the execs, etc. The people, nothing. Bush promising to help and then denying it at the last minute. Its just too big to put words to it.

I've got to put my mind to something else. I'm getting angry all over again.

2 comments:

Rudee said...

I'll have to catch Obama's speech later. Maybe C-Span will run it again. I agree that it's about time we had a real leader.

Sue J said...

We've had a few documentaries on the aftermath of Katrina and the total lack of effort by the government. You would think that the USA would be very efficient in a crisis, but I think third world countries seem to have more idea.