Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm Too Damn Slow

I'm hanging things up (Wanda's Art Challenges) by being too damn slow so I'm posting a work-in-progress of the horse so others can move on to the next challenge. First, I apologize for the picture quality. I took the photo at 5:30am.... a few minutes ago. Its dark outside, as it is inside too, so the flash had to be used. That causes reflections, etc.

 

Second, I want to acknowledge how outstandingly brillant I am for selecting paper about the same color as the horse. You know, cause it makes the drawing stand out so well. I certainly hope I never do that again. (ever optomistic.)

Third, I don't really have a third.

I was close to throwing the towel in several times, but the drawing kept pulling me back into it. "Maybe the perspective can be fixed." "hmmmm.... I like how that spot right there turned out, maybe the rest will too." "Ohmygawd... neon turquoise?!? Really?"

If I get anything half way decent from this drawing, I'll post the final version. Otherwise, lets just move on, shall we?
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Wanda said...

It's never to late, Crusty...

I like the choice of paper..and I like the blue. I almost made the reins red on mine... but I can't seem to stretch past the original picture. I need to get over it and be more creative like you and Sandy.

Love this, and it will be posted immediately!!!

Sandy said...

The only problem I see is having to use a flash, that changes things up so much. From what I can tell, it's a fine drawing but would love to see it photographed without flash.

It's picking up the pen and drawing that counts...

Sandy said...

and for a moment there, I thought Roseanne was posting this...when you talked about using the same shade of paper...for some reason my mind thought of her humor.

cat's momma said...

Actually, I agree with Sandy, it's just that the flash throws one off. The actual drawing looks really good to me.!

Mellimaus said...

I LOVE your version! :) That's my pony...you did a wonderful job in my opinion (I'm not at all artistic, but I still love it). I can't believe how much it looks like her!

The Crusty Crone said...

Hey Mellimaus, thanks for commenting. Its good to know the drawing looks like your Daisy Mae. If/when I finish it, I'll try to get a photo without glare... and I'll let you know if I'm successful.

The Urban Cowboy said...

I like this drawing, and feel the paper color adds to it. I think your drawing is awesome, I would definitely frame and hang this one.

Gudl said...

Oh...our Daisy-Mae! She is famous now ;-)
Great drawing, I love it.
But heh, I am the grand ma haha

Wanda said...

Well put the horse in the barn, and get over to my Art Blog for a new challenge... we have a selection of birds from Abraham Lincoln's collection.

Pick one, or do them all! They are wonderful photos.