Sunday, January 31, 2010

Little Sketches

I did a couple of small sketches based on the photos (and friendly challenge) posted onRosy's blog.

 

 


The keys are included so you can see how small they are. I used pencil because it was handy. If I had to get supplies out I probably would not have doodled anything. In my head, one would have been done in pastel on colored paper and the other one perhaps a watercolor. But the true goal was/is to get something posted, so I took the direct route.

I didn't catch a likeness on either person, but I didn't want to stop to correct anything. You know. Tunnel vision. Do some kind of art... puleese! Get something posted!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

cat's momma said...

Glad you put these next to the keys so it is clear just how small these drawings are! Good for you for doing some art...and the top one, I suspect, probably looks like the subject more than you know. The reason I say that is that it just looks so good and so even, et cet.

Wanda said...

Crusty, I saw both of the pictures on Rosy's blog, and you did capture a likness. Especially the bottom of of her sister.

I love the detail in the older woman, and I think she'd be very happy with your drawing.

They really are small!!!!

Wanda said...

Ops, I didn't mean the "bottom" of her sister.... I meant Yikes, the bottom picture....
Sure glad I cleared that up!!!!!

Sue J said...

Had a giggle at Wanda :) These are excellent CC. I love the older woman. I think older faces have much more character (that's what I'm telling myself, anyway). Great job!

squishy.cash23 said...

Hey great looking blog. Keep it going. Also, check my blog if you have the chance. In order to make money online you need to find the right sites. Well, on my blog I have GPT (get paid to) sites that can make you a good amount of extra cash from home with no cost to you. Follow my link below to get more info.
http://wadeinthemoney-gpt.blogspot.com

Rudee said...

I like them both. I'm glad you included the keys to get a better idea of size.

Sandy said...

Hey I like them and you captured both of their likenesses I think, especially the sister.

I don't know that I could ever draw a face that small, I would need a magnifying glass. I'll have to give it a try sometime.

I should post that wonderful (or you should post) drawing you did for me, the pitcher and bowl...It was small too but really nice.