Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Peasants are Revolting

No, I don't mean 'revolting' as in making one sick. I mean the peasants are taking to the streets today, throughout the nation, to express their anger over the arrogance and greed of the financial royals.

The congressmen conducting the congressional investigation of AIG are playing to their public. "I'll show my voters that I'm watching out for them. Should get me some more support and campaign contributions." But they are yet again a day late and a dollar short. They are expressing their anger at the wrong person.

The current head of AIG was in the hot seat yesterday as the congressmen chewed into AIG. What needs to be kept in mind is that the current CEO was talked into coming out of retirement and taking on this gawd awful job at the request of the government. The senators are singing to the choir. Sigh. But its a good show. And I'm sure many voters are glad there was some yelling going on.

I'm kind of hoping there is a HUGE number of protestors so its overwhelming in its numbers. (I say 'kind of' because it would be a traffic nightmare.)

I'm yaking about this because several months ago I was saying that the peasants should revolt... and now they are.

2 comments:

Rudee said...

I'm sick of them too. They're all in bed together-politicians, lobbyists and bankers. Better strap on that seat belt, I think this will be one bumpy ride.

Susan said...

I first read this line in an old B.C. cartoon strip ... miss it!!! (The cartoon strip ... not the revolting!)